Saturday, July 18, 2009

Beginning of the End.

Tomorrow begins the next 5 weeks of mayhem. 4-5 Expert level races in the next 6 weeks. One of the weekends might be a double header with State Road Champs and Waverly MTB race. I'm feeling really good and have gotten in a lot of saddle time in recently. I can't say enough about how much better I feel this season. It is mostly in part due to the people around me. I have a loving family, an awesome job, and an amazing group of friends around me. They have pushed me all season more than they realize to bring me to the level I have achieved.

If you asked me a year ago if I would be able to compete in an almost full season of expert level of mtb racing I would have laughed at you. I tried my first expert level distance in the end of September. At the end of the season I became a little mentally obsessed with doing some 100 mile NUE races. I got a wild hair to go down to Arkansas to try my hand at an 80 miler, but one of the toughest single day races around. I figured if I could survive that, I could survive anything. It helped push me through the beginning of the season as well as my compatriot in pain, Adam.

Things have changed more than I could have ever imagined in the past 6 months. What will the rest of the next two months bring. 6 weekends of racing, potentially including SSWC09, GnomeFest 7, and all sorts of other craziness. This stretch is going to be the most intense stretch I've faced. Nothing huge, just lots of mountain biking.

End of the Beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment