Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So I was thinking...

So would the idea of Superfly Version 2.0 (versions 1.1-1.9 followed minor changes throughout the season) be absolutely crazy? I would really like to get a geared race bike, but in all reality, I can't see myself on anything other than a super high end carbon race rocket. Now with the addition of some new parts, or should I say almost entire revamp of the SSuperfly, I could save some cash and go big for the 2011 season. Then I would also be able to keep the SSuperfly.

With the winter bike being secured for the coming seasons, I will have a little extra budget room for 2011. It would take a pretty big revamp to bring the bike around to where I would want it. The goal would be to be aroun 19.5lbs with the Fox fork, and somewhere right around 17lbs with a rigid (Niner or the new Switchblade.) I know it is crazy, but I figure I can sell off the parts that are on the bike now for what I'd need to put into it to get a crazy light build out of the machine. And that is including selling off some things that don't need to be replaced, but could be for the sake of fashion/changing things up a bit.

Those are my current musings. I went and XC skied today. Man am I terrible. Granted I do better when there is more than 2-3 inches of hardpack with ice beneath it, but man it was tough. It seemed like they had only groomed for skate as well. I am a classic kind of guy due to the fact that they are the type of skis I own and I am too cheap to get anything else. Well maybe I'm thinking about it. I just need to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment