Friday, January 1, 2010

Sorted.

Well for the most part, plans for the 2010 race bike are tentatively finalized. I talked to the fine folks at Edge, and I am getting their amazingly sweet set of XC carbon clincher wheels featuring King hubs and Aerolite spokes instead of the carbon tubulars. That also pushed me to order up their new Sweep bar, 75mm carbon stem, and one of their seatposts. Considering their generous prize and willingness to change the prize, I want to represent them to the fullest. All of those fine pieces of equipment will be landing on the Superfly.

Other finalizations are going to include that "little" revamp. A lot of the parts will be hitting MTBR's Classifieds as soon as I get them stripped off the bike. I'll have wheels, crank, bb, well just about everything that is currently comprising that build. I am planning some big upgrades to achieve full on ridiculous SS status.

Speaking of which, I am going to send my Fox fork out to the boys at Push Industries for a full Factory Service and System upgrade. I figure that the aid of suspension will help with fatigue during races. I rode it during the last part of the season, and it treated me very well. It will be especially awesome after the guys at Push get it all tuned up, I'm sure it will run even better than it does.

That means a busy off season again (not that it wasn't going to be already), but I will need to keep focused leading into the spring. Well, off to start the season right, I am going to head out for a couple of hours on the XC skis, and then get in the CF workout of the day.

5 days 'til Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment