Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Decisions made, sometimes poor.


Well for some reason I decided it would be a grand idea to take an 8am class this semester. What's the issue you ask? Are you lazy and hate getting out of bed? Well only sightly on that one. More importantly, I live in Iowa. We have a little thing called winter that for the most part, enjoys messing with the residents of this fine state time and time again.
So today I was up at 6am. I got up that early to hit the pavement of the Zombie Monkey, and get in some winter riding. I knew foul weather was on it's way, I just had no clue when. I checked the Kirkwood website right before I left. No updates whatsoever on whether or not school was happening. So I took on the ride.

The incoming front brought a strong east wind which is strange. Gusts were strong and luckily my ride is about 50% east and 50% south. I got to work to change out of my sweaty gear and get into my class clothes. I thought it might be a good idea to check the website one more time. Sure enough. Cancelled! I was on my bike for 45 minutes only to find out I had to go back home. On top of that, the freezing rain started about 5 minutes before I got to work.

I worked out, then headed home. The pics are the aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment