Saturday, January 16, 2010

May I present...

My semi, not so finalized, but quite possibly finalized plans for my 2010 race bike*. I present to you the 2010 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper 29er Hardtail.

After the utter crushing blow was dealt (that I totally had a feeling was coming), I have decided to switch my prior insane plans to remain on a carbon SS, and give the dark side of gears a try. I am very excited to have the opportunity to still score one of these framesets for 2010, and even more excited that it should be here around March, which couldn't be any better.

The build is going to be an assorted mix of components I already have, but there will be some shining star highlights. Edge Composites will be providing the wheels, stem, handlebars, and seatpost. In conjunction with the specified fork, the custom SBC Reba with tapered steerer, the combination of oversized carbon bars, superlight carbon stem, and Edge Composites wheels, this bike is going to be a rocket ship that should take me straight to the ER.

But fortunately, it is going to be to let the good doctors at said hospital use, because this thing is going to be a scalpel. Also the transition of power through the drivetrain should be pretty incredible, considering the down tubes massive transition into the uber-wide 84.5mm wide BB shell. That and the near 45mm tall chainstays...

Ok, I will shut up there. I couldn't even imagine a bike/frame that could remotely compete with the Superfly after racing it this season. I knew components could be improved to gain marginal improvements, but the technological advancements put into this frame versus the 2010 Superfly absolutely blow it out of the water. Custom tapered carbon steerer crown assembly, Shimano BB-91 bottom bracket allowing the downtube to be increased in diameter in comparison to tradition 68 or 73mm threaded shells, even BB30 doesn't allow a downtube of this size.

*All future plans and specifications subject to change dependent on product availability (as well as the insanity of the future owner.)

2 comments:

  1. I'll believe it when it shows up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Cam is feeling a bit scared now. He should be. You're going to give him some even better competition than last year. It's going to be sweet to watch.

    ReplyDelete