Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Brutalized.

So I have been doing a fair bit of working out this winter outside of riding. The workouts call for warmups of strength stretches, squats, sit-ups, back raises, push ups and pull ups. The three rounds of 15 each of those are enough to introduce some muscle back into the system that was lost, but this is where things are getting started.

The rest of the workouts vary greatly. Sunday it was sets of deadlifts followed by sets of pullups, then repeat. Yesterday was the killer though. Thrusters followed by rowing. I have never really rowed on a C2 before, but it is intense. I made it three rounds of this workout after my warm up and then I shut down. On the floor, completely inert for around 5 minutes. My arms felt like they were going to either burst into flames, or just fall off.

Some have been telling me these workouts are going to catch up to me. And I think they are right. I am just interested to see which end of the spectrum I catch up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment