Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mid-Season Break.

Well it is mid season. My legs are telling me so, and so is my mind. I can hardly even comprehend the races so far. CIRREM, Ouachita Challenge 80 mile, Sylvan Island, Banner Lakes, State Crit, ScoCoPa Chase, Camp Ingawanis, Lake Ahquabi. Somewhere around 8 races. One gravel metric, one epic mountain bike race, one road bike race, and 5 other mountain bike races. All the IMBCS so far have been Expert level races. All but two done 100% SS. One aided by suspension (yeah I know cheater cheater). My legs haven't been this used since.. well never.

Coming up on the schedule brings Boone XC, Des Moines Crit weekend, off weekend (supposed to be 24 hours of Boone) or maybe Colesburg gravel race, Gnomefest weekend, maybe SSWC09 weekend, Lake Manawa, off weekend, then Sugar Bottom Scramble. It wouldn't be all bad if most of those were just hour long cross races, but the shortest one so far has been 22.5 miles (other than State Crit weekend) and 1.5 hours in the saddle.

I need a mid-season pick me up. Tomorrow brings some testing, registering, and a road ride. Hell maybe I'll even go ride gravel to spice things up. This last stretch is going to tax my brain and body for sure. Anyone pushing me to race cross is crazy. My Zombie Monkey is just calling my name for some good rock bashing, town shredding, snow riding good times. Oh and chilling out and drinking beer. Just way more beer than average.

On top of all that I think tentative plans are beginning to be put into works for next season's race ride. A diversion of an asset and some funds to accomodate a change in the right direction for the future of my racing. A descision I thought would never come/be really hard to come to terms with is running through my mind with ease.

Oh what October 5th will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment