Friday, October 9, 2009

Where have I been?

I've been racing, then not racing, training and now, after many months of training ( and then racing) I'm out! No more racing! Well except for Jingle Cross, and maybe a couple of other selected races. What has happened since Seven Oaks? 30 day's in the saddle (approximation) some of those hard days, some of them lazy. 30 beers (not an approximation, actually a down right lie.) One Gnomefest (and one super rocked, Iowa packed Alleycat top 3!) Many other things including cross bike and road bikes (although not in that order.)

Needless to say I wrap up my first actual season of racing with many thoughts in mind. All of which I have gained endless knowledge and good times from, but now which I happily leave in the past. Now is the time for Zombie Monkey's, studies, wool, snow, and XC skis. Oh and beer. Thanks to everyone for the craziness that has been the 2009 race season.

Thanks Kent for kickin' it off back on March 8. It sucked and I hate you. But you hate yourself for that day too. Thanks to the folks down in Arkansas. Not only do I hate you, but you hate you enough not to even run the 80 mile Ouachita Challenge again. I'm glad that I participated in that one before you axed it. 'Cause it was more brutal than 75/120 people realized.

Otherwise thanks to the new work family I so graciously was accepted into this season. Thanks for welcoming me in and kicking me in my ass. Sorry to all the family folk. I miss you Price, Lazio, and D'Quack Attack (Fridays just aren't the same...)

Otherwise I can't say enough. What one year brings. Not that this is the end of it, but hell if I am going to describe anything else that happened. Maybe a couple of other small details about the remainder, but it was a whirlwind ride that not even I was prepared for. I never knew how crazy racing some mountain bikes could be nor how far I could push myself. All in all a crazy awesome year of riding with all my friends. Now time for mas beers and many days spent on the Zombie Monkey.

Tranquility.

No comments:

Post a Comment