Friday, March 12, 2010

Ouachita Prep

Well since I am heading down to Ouachita again (Lance I still need to get some beer on the way to you. Sorry for procrastinating) I have been getting in some decent rides. The past two days were spent hitting it pretty hard. I got in a solo ride on Wednesday, and then a three man road bike mission on Thursday.

Thursday brought high winds from the south so it was officially time to pull out the weaponry. And by that I mean my Roubaix. I have made some nice upgrades to the bike over the winter which have made the bike fit and ride like a glove. I guess I should boot up some pics as this machine definitely warrants them.

Outside of that I am getting concerned about my Ouachita race setup. I know that my Specialized frameset is potentially out of the question, but I am still waiting on some other key components to make the bike rideable when it comes. That and I was hoping that I wouldn't have to ride my Karate Monkey with my Halo/Flow wheels. While bomber and nice, they are bomber and heavy.

I am also going to get some pics together of the upcoming build for my S-Works. The components pile is getting tall (and awesomely expensive as well as good looking.) I had been waiting on a crank decision, but that situation has been cleared. The crank arrived today and while still waiting on the chainrings that I hesitated to pull the trigger on initially, the cranks alone are my cup of tea.

Since I've had some good time on the bike in the past two weeks, I am gonna drink some beers and then go to sleep. Tomorrow should prove to be an interesting day at the shop.

Beer of the night: Samuel Smith IPA

No comments:

Post a Comment