Thursday, May 28, 2009

Amana

I took the good old road bike out yesterday for the gorgeous ride that is the Amana ride. Let me say this though, while gorgeous there is a ton of climbing on the way out to drop into the valley. Then on the way home you have to climb out of it. The you roll across some big Iowa hills to get back to Solon. I clocked it in at around 3:15 which isn't trucking, but at 61 miles for the ride it ain't bad. Oh and almost got blasted by some lady head on. That was awesome. Probably the first time I've ever flipped someone off out of anger instead of just joking around.

The old road bike is still ticking along well, but I have some money coming my way and I already have a b*tchin' new handlebar/stem setup that is going to rip. I just can't turn down a good deal! Anyways as much as I've been riding road this year it's probably time to make the switch. The Gios will not be being retired though. It is going to be "restored" as close as possible back to it's original state. I use quotations because I'm not going to use the original Gios blue. I'm going to get the original decal package and then go from there.

Anyways it sounds like Banner Lakes got the rain it needed as opposed to getting trounced which is awesome. I don't know what gearing to run, but I'm going to get out there for the am pre-ride to check it out and get an idea. I'll be heading that way after work on Saturday and staying with the Short Cake's sister/brother-in-law/nephew/and niece. I'm looking forward to racing.

Resting today with short ride into work and back, then hitting it hard again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment