Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Legs are Officially Back.

Hit up my first College Green Group ride since about 2006 or 2007. I don't remember that clearly which year. I rode well on that one but quickly got shelled during a chase situation shortly outside of Morse. Not smart riding on my part. This time around things went better. I rode smarter, pulled when I could, chased when I could, and sat in when needed. I probably could have worked a little more, but oh well. Screw it. I'm a Cat 5 right now (truly if I renewed my liscence probably automatically upgraded to a 4).

I was in trouble in a couple of spots, but it couldn't have gone beter. My back is starting to feel better now as well. My legs feel pretty ridiculously good. I couldn't ask for more. A week and two days after a single speed 80 mile race, I was hitting it up with some of the faster cats in the area. I know if they put the hammer down I'd get eaten alive, but hey, I survived on this day. The Sunday-Monday off didn't hurt and if anything really helped. Maybe it was the Taco Pizza following the Chili for lunch.

Feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment