Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lack of Riding

Well not much riding has gone down this week. I have been doing a good core workout since Sunday. I've only ridden on Sunday and Tuesday. Things have been crappy around these parts as far as riding goes. I am really looking forward to riding Saturday though. I just have to get Adam to do it. If not I can always spin to the trails and get in some light road miles and just do about an hour to an hour and a half on the trails. I would really like to get some hurt and miles in the legs. I just feel better come race day when I do. Get's the glycogen in the legs juiced up after a storage cycle. That starts today.

Looks like there are some tornado watches for lower Arkansas right now as well. That is kind of crazy. I headed to work yesterday to get everything on the bike dialed in. I installed a Panaracer Rampage front tire and left the Hutchinson Python on. The newer Pythons have the knobs spaced out farther and taller side knobs. I am digging it. It can be run at a stupid low pressure as well. It is a firm feeling tire. The Rampage is going to be my new jam this season. It just rolls fast. Just as fast as the Weirwolf due to it's tread design, but the chunk of the knobs leaves it a gripper.

I also got some things worked up for my fuel storage. I had some awesome clips on a BioNuclear Hazmat suit bag my friend from the Army gave me that I taped up to my gel flasks. They are bad *ss. They have a sliding clip mechanism so when things get nasty, I can slide them down and then they cannot fly off. Otherwise they will stick in place really well.

I am decided on my setup as well. 32-20 gear and my rigid fork. Minus the gear, it is the setup I've ran for the past 3-4 seasons. I just don't think before a race is a great time to change the setup. I did change tires, but that was a no brainer. I got some good advice from Squirrel as far as the gearing. He was just down there this past weekend and said things were wet on the low parts and amazing anywhere there was elevation. I'm getting antsy....

2 comments:

  1. So I see Danny won the 80...how'd you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No clue yet. I didn't ask when I got to the finish. It was really f**king cold. There was no food. And I was exhausted. Adam and I went and packed up camp and drove to a Pizza Hut and then got a room with actual beds and showers. We were just happy to finish.

    ReplyDelete