Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Feeling Good.

I don't know why, but I am feeling good. I got a good race shakedown, and as I thought, we are headed the direction on the Womble which I thought we were. That is a good thing. It has a pretty good climb early, but otherwise descends for a while. Then some ups and downs, then some flat, then some more ups and downs. After that I am unfamiliar. I am really questioning the 32-20 and I think I could handle something larger, but I really want to finish.

The other thing I had been worried about is whether or not the climbs on the Ouachita Trail would be punishing. I found out that they will, but that they are borderline unridable with even a standard triple/9 speed setup. I heard there was much hiking going on in that section last year. The only other thing I am hoping for is that I can switch my registration to the 80 mile SS class. If not whatever. Either way I'll be timed and know where I finished overall.

I need to do some planning and preping. I'm going to pick up a tent tonight and have a beer or two. I probably won't be back til after Ouachita so wish me good luck.

Up and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment