Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gravel Nothing

Temps this weekend stayed nice and chilly. I swore that I was hearing things last night on the radio. They said a high near 50F. It is currently 22F under cloudy skies (generated Weather Channel voice) and now your local Doppler Radar. That sucks too. The forecast for the weekend looks promising though. I am hoping to head to CIRREM on Sunday AM. The ShortCake is heading to MN to get her sister packed up to head to Brazil. Permanently. Crazy I know.

I am trying to bring myself to motivate and go ride outdoors. The hips is a little sensitive from riding the Fixie for the past couple of days. I haven't been off the bike for a while and am feeling really good. Last Tuesday was just such a nice day. I suppose I should get on a bike. I have people to pay, people to get registration from, people to ask questions. I really want to ride the Superfly. I just don't want to get the damn thing dirty! I'll just have to ride the Fixie, hip be damned. I don't want to put new tires on my cross bike and it's needs them terribly bad.

I suppose I should get that sucker all tuned up. It is going to be that bike or the Litespeed. This March is supposed to be spent with me being on a SS the entire month except when I puss out and ride gears on the trainer. I really want to give Ouachita a go on a SS seeing as I have a pretty awesome SS to ride. It would be a shame to try and strap gears on the thing. Oh well.

Who will win? Outdoors and the Superfly? Outdoors and the Fixie? The trainer? Or maybe a little of both. A nice cold cruise outdoors, pay up, reg up, then throw down mid-afternoon on the trainer. I think I'll go crazy if I ride the trainer too long, so I'm heading outdoors. I'll take the camera along to play with.

Inside Out! Out InSide!

Edit- I definitely hit all the above requirements besides riding indoors. That was a dumb idea anyways. I made it 3 hours in the saddle in strong 15mph SE winds. All on the Fixie. That bike is always a joy to ride, but after 3 hours and loads of climbing, my legs feel a little shot. Nothing that some wings ribs and one large Fat Tire couldn't take care of. The Fat Tire was to ease the nerves for one of the above requirements. More on that later. PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment