Thursday, March 26, 2009

Climb, Climbs, Climbing

You ever look at that word? It's a weird word. Mega weird. Well that's how I spent yesterday. Hitting all the nastier rides in the area. I hit each of them around 3 times. I got in some off road action as well. I hit up the golf course trails as well as the east side mountain bike spot. Everything was a little moist but not terrible. Most of the ride was kind of forced. Temps were 35F and a little windy. As well as gray. Not rain gray but cold and crappy gray. I spent another Wednesday on the Superfly. I think all the work on it built as a single speed will be good prep for slapping some gears on for the climbfest that will be the 80 mile version of the Ouachita Challenge.

Even after a day of rain, I was surprised to find most of the trails in dryish conditions. Most low lying areas even after the flashflooding were in decent shape. There is a lot of rutting from the melt off though. And hikers. Oh man don't get me started. Where as most of the time I try and ride around muddy areas to avoid rutting, they decide it is a great idea to just plow through and leave 4-5 inch deep foot prints. I know that riding around creates a wider trail, but so do downed trees and other things and situations like flooding that cause reroutes. It's not that bad. Intentional damage is still intentional damage.

Anyways it was a good day. The sun came out around 4:30 or so. About an hour after my ride was done. I got 4 hours in the saddle which is about half of what I'll be doing in around a week. Gears while a cop-out, are going to be a welcome addition. I don't even remotely care. It'll be nice to have a 32-34 to ride at about mile 70. If I am even still riding then.

No pictures because it sucked out. Off to ride the Litespeed for a while before work. I need to work the kinks out of my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment