Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A week it was...

Yeah I know a week and no updates. Well things got crazy around here. Actually mostly in my head. I had a hard enough time waiting for the week countdown to the Shortcake's birthday. I had quite a gift in mind, and I just couldn't focus on anything. Planning, family cordination for the party, trying to keep the secret under raps. I'm talking about popping the question by the way.

I had the job switch as well which threw off my work day schedule, but luckily Mr.Price worked the last half of the day for me. I got to come home and get the black refried beans ready (home made of course) and chop up two baskets of strawberries. All while knowing I had to pop the question when she came home. Talk about pressure. I almost chopped my finger off more than once.

On the way home I grabbed the ring, the 23 long stem white roses, and then carefully drove home. I took my time so I didn't run into anything. I was having a hard time focusing. I also couldn't eat and had a crazy ringing going on in my ears. I don't know why I was so nervous, but I was. I got all the food ready and bided my time patiently.

Waiting for her to show up the last half an hour was the worst. She finally pulled up in the driveway and I got staged. Flowers in hand and ring box sitting on the table right inside the door. I didn't want to give her a second to react, think, do anything. I just wanted to hit her with it immediately. She walked in, I gave her the flowers, took her purse and jacket, sat them down, and got down on one knee. Then the question ( I was going to say some things before hand, but my heart was racing so fast that I just had to get it out.)

I pulled the ring out of the box to put it on and she tackles me! She didn't even let me put the ring on before she mauled me with kisses and I love you's. No crying went down, but tears were in the eyes. The next hour before heading to her parents house for dinner with the families was spent running around with huge smiles, completely speachless and dumbfounded actions, and kisses and hugs.

I know it sounds all girly and all but it truly was special. I was pretty shaken up throughout the afternoon as well as into the evening. Nothing a couple beers and a load of Mexican food couldn't solve. I hadn't eaten since 10am so one beer went down with the effect of three, and the food actually went down like it was half the amount.

Thank you everyone who knew and didn't say anything. Oh wait. That was just me. Her father was so excited that he "leaked" the info to his son (I'll give him that one, it's hard to keep things like that back) but then told one of Emily's sister. My mom went and snuck a peak at the ring two weeks before I popped the question. Pretty much Emily was the last to know. Oh well. The important thing was that she was the last to know.

Much Love. I'm out to ride the Superfly SS today. Time to start getting used to the ride of that mama-jama.

1 comment:

  1. ya gonna bring your old lady to Gnome Fest?:) I say that with all the respect in the world! Congrats bro!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete