Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sylvan Pre-ride

All I'm saying is put on your beer goggles kiddies, cause things are going to get dizzy! Whoa! That course is tight, twisty, rocky, glass strewn in areas and above all else, pump track-a-riffic. I am all about it besides the fact that I won't be able to see straight after around lap 5. Gearing selection is spot on, and the On One carbon fork feels great back on the Fly. Front wheel is a little more tucked underneath me which is perfect. Also dialed in tire pressure front and rear as well. I am loving my Rampage on the front. As long as it doesn't rain too much the Python will be staying on the rear as well.

I was feeling a little tired early on today, but started to come around on lap two. After that is was game on. I also took a little too much pressure out of the front tire. No rolling of the sidewall, just a little too soft for race day. Conditions were 85% dry with a couple of sloppy parts and only a couple of tacky spots. The trails are pretty much ripping right now. Seems like they are eeking out a pretty decent course this year. And I know cause I didn't race it last year. So take that one with a grain of salt.

Grilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment