Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cold, Colder, Coldest






Well things are cold here. Not as cold as Canada. Nor as cold as Minneapolis for that matter. Either way it is the coldest it has been here since probably 2 or 3 years ago. My feet practically froze in my Sidi Boots on the way home. On the way to work I had the tail wind which helped seeing as we got 7 inches of snow last night into this morning. The plows hit the roads well, but not the bike paths ar 9:00am in the morning. Plowed through the deep stuff and went to the post office. I sent this to Durango.






The rest of the ride was pretty good. Just smooth sailing. Lifted a pool table off of another pool table. Heavy. Tried to move a treadclimber. Heavy. Then I realized how windy the ride home was gonna be. Oh crap. Picked up a face mask and some toe warmers before I took off towards home. I of course being the intelligent one I am didn't happen to think that I didn't need the face mask. That actually tended to be true. I also being the smarter person I am decided to be lazy and slap my shoes on sans toe warmers. BAD IDEA. An exclemation point doesn't even express the coldness that set in at about the 35 minute mark.





In other good news I went and XC Ski'd for a couple of hours yesterday. I ran into the local fast biker guys who were throwing down. I definitely got there after one, skied for 2 hours and left and he was still going. Ridiculous. It was a gorgeous day out there though. I had a blast. It was my first time out at Macbride Rec area on skis. The groom a lot of trail. Not Wisconson a lot, but darn good for Iowa. I picked up this nice shot while out there. If you set it up as a desktop it has a nice tunnel effect without me messing with any photo settings. Not that I know how to do that anyways.








In bike news I got my rim order in the other day. I got my confirmation on my "first" hub order, and got my account setup for my second "hub/rim" order. I got some stuff in the works as far as wheels. It is a little on the ridiculous side, but I am stoked. This bike is by far going to be the nicest bike I have ever owned. I have been diligently taking pictures of all the components I have purchased so far and will start posting them up around March seeing as that is the new date of arrival of my frame.




To Trek Bikes. Please (see I can ask nicely) do not mess with me. I hope you were sincere when you said March. I will jump with joy if it is Febuary, but will be a little dismayed if you were messing with my/our collective heads. By our meaning everyone else waiting on your frame. You know who you are.

1 comment: