Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ice Road Bikers

So here was the weekend report. Got my hours of riding in this week to start the new year? Check. Went to work? Check. Got some fun snow biking in? Check. Slid out on some ice? Check. Almost fell on some slippery ice? Check...Check..Check. Crack cell phone outer screen even though it was "safely" stored in my book bag? Check.


You get the point. This was not a fun end or beginning to a week. Monday is going to have to be an off day. And by off I mean still go put in my 9 hours and wonder when the new frame is going to show. I am also going to think about how much ice sucks compared to snow. I am disliking all the warming/cooling cycles we've been getting this past December. The trend is now continuing into January. Hopefully by the 15th or so it won't warm up past 20 degrees. Hell I'll even go with 15 just to get what I want. I just don't want to see anymore ice covered roads and trails. I don't really want to have to drop some buck on some of these as I have other things to use those dollars for.



This week sometime I will start chronicling the build of my new steed. I don't have any specifics for you all just yet, but I sure will soon. Most parts are sorted already, but there are still some to be purchased and some descisions to be made. I will try and take some spiffy picks of the components as I pick them up. My pile has started and has already been thoroughly eyeballed by the yet to be coined GF.


Hopefully I will get out on Tuesday for a nice longer cruise on the Monster Truck. I am going to have to figure out which Professional Monster Truck the Dillinger would be. It is definitely a little liberal, a little in your face, and all TRUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment