Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ice and Rivnuts

Well after a day of deliveries under the belt, and no ride into work, I was feeling a little antsy. So I decided to get in a ride. Outdoors. Even though it was cold. And really windy. As is the norm around here all the trails are closed. Mostly for the sake of hunting. The reason this gets me is these people use this state land that is maintained by cyclists, and hikers year round. Now this wouldn't be a big deal, but they always seem to be hiking on the trails. They don't go to the public hunting areas to try and pick up a big one, oh no, they have to come and hike all over the trails.

Either way it creates a pretty sliperry and foot-printed mess. I guess I wouldn't be as salty about the whole situation if I would just quit being cheap and get some of those stupid expensive (but worth their price) studded tires. I would really like to keep all the possible income focused on my new bike project and the other important project I have going on in my life. And do not think that I do not appreciate hunters. They keep the deer levels to a dull roar. Plus a fair amount of that deer ends up being consumed by me. I just need to live somewhere I can ride my mountain bike year roung I guess.

On the bike front I got my headset in today. I'm keeping this one close to the chest as It was pretty difficult to come by this early in the year. I only found one distributor that had them and they had two. They probably won't be hard to find in two months, but then my bike just wouldn't feel complete without it.

The rivnut situation happens to be a good lesson learned. Do not, I repeat, do not use an impact on rivnuts. Now all you bike friendly techs out there probably realize this having maybe replaced one or two in your day. But when you throw a Dewalt impact in an individuals hands who thinks that fastest is bestest (intentional) you get one loose rivnut.

That's all I got. Trek-Send me my frame. I am impatient. It is 7 days into the month. If this were Febuary that would be the 1st quarter mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment