Monday, February 15, 2010

Eventful Weekend.

On Friday evening I didn't know it, but I apparently had dinner plans. After three consecutive days of skiing, I felt oddly good. Thursday Nate and I hit MNRA decently hard, with some emphasis on backcountry xc skiing. Got in some higher paced stuff on the groomed trails, and hit some steep downhills and hiked some steep uphills. I have had this sinus thing kicking me around a bit, and being 4 weeks into a training cycle with no more than a day off at a time, it was time for a break.

Saturday was spent being slightly hungover and working. Ate dinner at Emily's parents and otherwise hung out again. Sunday we did the church thing, then the lunch thing, then hung out watching the Olympics. We headed home for some Chinese food and Zombieland. Went to bed with the sinus thing still lingering, but Emily got me a humidifier which has been helping.

I was going to hit it again today, but I finally feel like I am clearing up. Tomorrow I will get back on it again for sure. 4 days off should be plenty of rest. It is crazy what I feel like now compared to even 3 months ago after a nice rest. Winter is getting easier to make it through with skiing, and some structured workouts.

Of course on the bike front, I am still impatiently waiting. I am starting to get really antsy. With about 6 weeks of more potential waiting ahead of me, I am reaching the final countdown. March 1st cannot come soon enough. Then I will feel like I am in the home stretch. I received my awesome little package from Hope this week, and I have to say the Race X2 brakes are super light, as advertised. My only slight quibble is the brake lever pivot setup, and I am going to see if I can ditch the aluminum pivot pin for one of their adjustable setups. If not, I'll deal.

I am still waiting on that nice shipment of Edge stuff though. If anybody over there is listening, I would love to build some wheels sometime soon. I have some road tubulars to build for the Gios, but I could use some fun carbon ones to lace as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment