Monday, February 1, 2010

Think it will work?

So I started to ponder whether or not the new XX Hydraulic lockout will install onto the SBC Reba that is spec'ed on the SWorks. I have been doing a little digging and from what I can tell, there is no reason it shouldn't. The only problem with that, is now I am questioning my brake spec based on that potential decision. It would be pretty clean to run either XX or CR Mag brakes and have the lockout, shifter and brakes, all mounted in one clean package.

I love my Hope disc brakes, but the new XX brakes simply function well. I'm not going to go crazy and spec the whole group (I wouldn't want to have a replica of the stock bike now would I?), but I would like to have everything super clean. I am unsure whether or not it will work with XO shifters, but I am thinking it should. Enough about that.


I am gonna head up to Cedar Falls tomorrow after class to hang out with Adam and Shockey to ride some gravel. I have been itching a little bit to get out on the bike, and this will be the perfect opportunity. I am going to make the mistake of taking my Litespeed fixie, but oh well. I want to ride something light. That reminds me, I better get my shit together. Riding bikes with those two practically requires a full-on epic ride setup.

I'm out to study and load up.

Late Edit- Looks like the X-Loc comes with a mount that will allow you to combine your lockout and shifter. So looks like the Hope's are still on tap.

2 comments:

  1. X-loc will work with the SBC Reba, you just have to replace the motion control damper for the X-lock one.

    ReplyDelete