Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Two days in a row

I made it out skiing last evening with Nate. We finally got enough snow that they could groom the local Cross Country course for the University. I have been fighting a slight sinus thing so I was not 100%. Needless to say I felt ok, but after the mornings squat workout, I was in for it.

Nate has been putting in some pretty good time on the bike so I knew I would be in for a hurting even though we weren't out to kill each other. I couldn't have been more right. We skied in from IHOP which was uneventful. About 1/2 lap into the course, we ran into the Eppen's. They were out getting an evening ski in just as we were. They hung out on and off between just walking away from us.

I have been feeling ok on skis as of late this season, but it just goes to show you there are always people who are just plain better and faster. It felt good and I was surprised I wasn't that sore this morning.

I headed to class and then home for lunch. I knew as nice as the weather was that I had to get out again. I took the "grandma" approach today though. I just slashed around and enjoyed the sunny day. My legs didn't want to respond to anything so I didn't push them one bit. I can feel the sinus thing holding me back a bit so I am going to take a couple of days off and kick it's butt.

On the bike front, my brakes shipped on Monday. Hope had told me they wouldn't be in until next Monday, but the shipment came in a little early, so they rolled those suckers ASAP. So that means I might have brakes, a stem, a handlebar, a seatpost, and possibly (fingers crossed heavily on this one) wheels this week. On top of all that, the XX/XLoc Dampers came in stock at BTI today so I will be able to convert my Reba to a b*ithc*ing sweet hydraulic lockout right off the bat.

I also talked to the guys at SRAM and they said the funky non-traditional hex setup on the BlackBox Dampers are actually just machined 24mm socket heads. They just machined them down because the middle section of the wrench flats aren't engaged when using a socket anyways so they machined them down to save weight.

Well that is enough nerd talk for one day. Now to put some more Watchmen away (about half way done. What a crazy graphic novel.) I thought I said no more nerd talk?

No comments:

Post a Comment