Sunday, February 28, 2010

Work to do. Change of plans.

Well things are changing quickly and I am a lazy sack. While I've been working out, I have been severely neglecting working on riding outdoors. Yesterday was Cirrem. I missed out with work and all, but after today's ride, I don't know how I would have fared anyways. I got in my first road/gravel ride in quite a while and needless to say my legs weren't responding with the best answers.

I felt ok (especially on climbs) but my flatland bike riding ability is lacking. I know my legs are in there somewhere, I am just going to need a couple more days on the bike to find them again. I happened to choose to ride my cross bike as well which is a new frame that has been 85% built for about two months. So that wasn't the best decision (it was for the conditions, just not for the fit.) It just wasn't dialed in. After blowing my calves up after about an hour, I made some quick adjustments and all was good, but the damage was done.

I also rode 170mm cranks because that is what I had. Terrible idea. I know some people say it doesn't make that big of a difference, but I really dislike them. 172.5's just feel so much better. We will just have to see how I feel tomorrow.

Hitting up Sugar Bottom loop for the heck of it. I might even get the road bike dirty just cause I know the fit is dialed.

No comments:

Post a Comment