Monday, February 8, 2010

Some parts on the way.

I talked to Jason Sager at Edge Composites today. Most of the stuff I had on order was in stock, and hopefully on the way. I know the stem and seatpost at least, and he was checking on the Chris King hub status. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the wheels in particular so I can start playing with tubeless setup on them. I also haven't seen the seatpost in person yet, so I am slightly anxious to see that as well. The Sweep bars are supposed to be in tomorrow, so hopefully the cockpit will ship in it's entirety (even though I still don't have my frame.)

I just can't wait to get my hands on the wheels. Chris King is tooled up and cranking out their new road hubshells like crazy which is pushing production back on the 28h CK ISO Disc hubs. I was waiting on black shells, but might be getting pewter instead. That is the color they stock, and I will take what I can get. I suppose that means that I should order up some rimstrips soon to get those ready.

I also talked to the gents at Hope, and as far as I know, they should have received a shipment of Race X2 brakes today. I will have to call them tomorrow to check on those. Otherwise I have the drivetrain all shored up besides cranks. I have my old Deus cranks, but I kind of want to slap a pair of XTR's on their to match all the other fancy parts that will be on the bike. If not, no sweat off of my back. Everyone is out of stock on 175mm's and I am kind of interested in trying some 172.5's on my geared mountain bike due to the fact I run them on my road and cross bikes.

Well enough bike talk. I took the weekend off besides the work commute on Saturday. I was feeling beat down and tired. It turned out it was a good thing, because I woke up this morning with quite a sinus jam. I was totally dried out. It sucked. So I am fighting that. I worked out today and fought my slight shoulder tweak. It actually feels quite a bit better this evening then it did this AM.

Well tomorrow brings some biking, some lifting, some relaxing, then some evening skiing with Nate.

No comments:

Post a Comment