Friday, February 5, 2010

Lots of things

I have had quite a number of things on my mind as of late. The opportunities for various races are flying by this year. Everything is filling up faster than ever before. With the wedding happening I am just hoping to branch out a little this year, and hit Wisconsin and Illinois. I would love to make it to a couple of Minnesota races, but I don't think it is going to happen. Maybe one 12 hour WEMS to keep that doubt in the back of my mind.

This time last year, thoughts of Ouachita were flying through my mind while spending time on a trainer, and outdoors in nasty snowy conditions. And going to work all the time. This year couldn't be more different. Going to school, and working out like crazy (in the gym and a little on skis), and working part time. Now my thoughts are focused on what I can fit in this season. I know what my expectations or at least hopes are.

The wedding will take some time and focus, but I am planning on getting my time in whatever way necessary. Emily and I have talked about the situation and have been planning well ahead of schedule (all except those pesky invitations!) So now it all boils down to time availability. Everyone from the shop is planning their schedules pretty tightly and I am trying to stay a little loose with mine. The few Wisco and Illinois races will hopefully be pulled off the cuff, and the Iowa races were scouted last season so all should fall into place well.

I am still motivated and that is not going to change. I am just getting a little antsy. Similar to last season, just without the 80 mile monster to worry about.

Now for dinner, my beer, and Watchmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment