Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Last night was cold.





I had a nice 10 mile cruise into work on Monday mid-day. 20 mile per hour headwinds for the first two miles, then turned south and just cruised on the fixie. My fixie isn't your usual fixie. If your definition of a fixie is a 26" Titanium mtb frame, combined with 700c wheels, carbon cyclocross fork, Ti bars, Uberlight Carbon seatpost, and 44c 28.5in. mtb tires, then this isn't your average fixie. But it is mine.




Saw some crazy things on the ride. Mostly the helicopter chilling in the mall parking lot when I arrived at work. Nothing else was too crazy. Wrenched on a Madone I sold last season, and then overhauled a Specialized Roubaix. Otherwise things were mellow on the work front. Come time to go home and I realize I can hear the wind howling like a demon. Crap. Pop open the back door to be met by strong enough wind to hinder me marginally successful at actually openning the door. Plus temps had dropped about 25 degrees. There is a big difference between 30F and 5F.






The fixie was a great choice for the ride home though. It being around 8 pounds lighter than the monster truck make it quick and agile. It also climbs like a feather floating in the wind.





In other news birdies across the midwest have been chirping in my ear the past 24 hours teasing me with details of their carbon gems shipping from up north of the border eh. I haven't gotten such news from my inside "bro" but hopefully I'll hear today if the wait will be the ETA date. Either way about 1 more month won't kill me.



Thats the news for the beginning of the work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment