Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nerve ending

Got out for some more climbing today. I did around 28 miles on the cross bike with some nice elevation gain. I can feel the spin in the legs coming around, but after 8 hours on the bike so far this week, I can tell they need some big gear workouts again. I really want to push it tomorrow, but the hip is twingin' again. I know it's not muscle related any more. It's that stupid little nerve getting pinched. I am going to take 2 or 3 down days again. And get the chance to go pick up my fixie from the 'Rents place. So far that bike has actually done wonders for my hip. That and the road bike on the trainer.

I'm going to go over the fit on those two and really analyze some things. I think the fixie is good because of the more upright position and the bigger gear helps keep things revolution based moving slowish. The road bike is just an old school glove that's been taken care of well. I don't know why but it just fits well. I might have to bump the bars up on the cross bike, move the seat forward .5-1cm and slap a 120mm stem on it. The cockpit length feels great, I just think I'm leaned over too much right now. I'm also wondering if those Inform saddles have sucked me into the point of no return. I think that the extra cm of support is making part of the difference.

The fixie sounds like a great option though. Plus I'd like to get out and grind some gravel/mud sometime soon so I might have to upsize the rear cog to get up to Beverly sometime next week. That would be a long ride, but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment